The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General TY Buratai, on Tuesday approved the special promotion of 6,199 soldiers serving in Operation LAFIYA DOLE to various ranks between Lance Corporals to Warrant Officers in the Nigerian Army.
Director, Army Public Relations, Brigadier-General Sani Kukasheka Usman, made this known in a statement issued in Abuja.
According to the statement, the breakdown of the beneficiaries of the special promotion are as follows:
1. Staff Sergeants – Warrant Officers –329.
2. Sergeants – Staff Sergeants –371.
3. Corporals – Sergeants –707.
4. Lance Corporals – Corporals –1,290.
5. Privates – Lance Corporals –3,502.
“The COAS congratulates the beneficiaries and urged them to increase the tempo of the ongoing clearance operations of the Boko Haram terrorists in the North East,” Brigadier-General Usman said.