Home / ABUJA METRO / Developers of multi-billion Dollar Abuja Centenary City commence construction work this week

Developers of multi-billion Dollar Abuja Centenary City commence construction work this week

By JACOB KUBEKA, Abuja

The physical development of Nigeria’s multi-bilion Dollar dream city named Centenary City, is billed to commence this week according to stakeholders.

Already,  Front Range Developers of the UAE and Centenary City Plc, jointly known as Centenary City Developers FZE, are set to commence on September 11, 2018  construction of the Centenary City,City, with the launch of their first co-development effort, tagged ‘The Grove’.

“After a thorough due diligence process and confirming all the approvals are in place, we are confident to launch The Grove, in Centenary City,” Jaimal Shergill, Executive Director of Front Range Properties, is quoted to have said in a statement released by the company on Sunday.

According to the statement, all approvals for the project, conceived in 2014 to mark 100 years of the amalgamation of Nigeria,  have been secured from the federal government.

The statement said the project is spread over a total construction area of 91,000 square meters and will have a total of 236 units, comprising 5 bedroom terraced houses.

It further says that the project, which is located within easy access to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, would offer residents easy access to retail and entertainment facilities within the Downtown Centenary city.

Speaking on the project, the Managing Director of Centenary City Plc, Dr. Odenigwe Ike Michaels Jr, commended Front Range Properties for accepting to be part of the project, expressing happiness that work on it is finally beginning.

His words: “We are pleased that our strategic partners from the UAE are acting on their convictions on Nigeria while others wait. This is because Centenary City has all the approvals to go ahead with the development of the project, the support of the Federal Government and the investment from UAE”.

According to the statement, the Managing Director of the Nigerian Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA), Mr. Emmanuel Jime, had on the 8th of August stated that all obstacles hindering the take-off of the project had been cleared thus paving the way for its implementation.

“Most of the grey areas that have hindered the take-off have been cleared through the involvement of NEPZA with the FCTA, NIPC and other relevant agencies,” he had said.

The statement further quotes Mr. Jime as saying that with the Centenary City, there would be no need for Nigerians to go abroad for shopping, and that this would also stem capital flights occasioned by Nigerians visiting places like Dubai and the United States of America.

About Frontview Tom

Leave a Reply

x

Check Also

W/African region $50m coronavirus

WAHO: West Africa region needs $50m to face Coronavirus

By GRACE AUDU, Abuja – Director-General of the West African Health Organisation (WAHO), Prof. Stanley Okolo, said ...

%d bloggers like this: